Orticola di Roma: the definitive program and all the info on the Roman exhibition-market.
Orticola di Rome envelops the center of the capital with flowers of a thousand colors: Villa Borghese and via Condotti will be the protagonists of the event dedicated to horticulture, nature, art and sustainable mobility. A “green” event for the first time in the historic heart of the city to offer Romans and tourists the opportunity to immerse themselves in the varied world of flowers and plants.
Much more than a market exhibition, Orticola di Roma is a cultural initiative that sees the involvement of nurserymen, plant producers and companies attentive to sustainability alongside the museums of the Villa Borghese circuit, the Fai and the Institutions in a single three days, declined between beauty, harmony and nature.
Via dei Condotti dresses up in spring thanks to the art of the flower designers who will decorate one of the most beautiful streets in Rome, against the backdrop of Trinità dei Monti, with original and colorful flower boxes. Two floral columns placed at the entrance to the street will build a natural continuation of the flowering that adorns the Spanish Steps with traditional azalea plants. The luxury shopping of those who stay in the city for the weekend, during the three days of the event, will breathe the fragrant blossoming of spring
Viale delle Magnolie will be animated by specialized quality exhibitors: from selected bulbs, to extraordinary tillandsias in bloom, from fascinating and succulent cacti to exotic carnivorous plants, from Japanese art of Kokedama to elegant multicolored orchids. The flower designers will also be present with their fresh flowers and original compositions perfect for any type of gift but also for decorating homes and gardens.
Do not forget the artisans and hobbyists with their creations inspired by the world of flowers and plants, such as fabrics decorated with the technique of botanical print in contact or scarves in fiber bamboo, and then bijoux, lamps and much more, all in the name of uniqueness and originality.
In the program of the exhibition, a space will be dedicated to botanical publishing with the presence of Nicoletta Campanella of Nicla Edizioni with special attention to the enhancement of the Italian botanical heritage with the presence of the Secret Garden Garden Tour. Finally, the non-profit organization of the Italian Forestry Fund for the protection of woods will be present at the first edition of Orticola in Rome to inform visitors about the importance of woods in the balance of the ecosystem.
Not only flowers and plants, but also cultural visits: the Fai (Fondo per l’Ambiente Italiano) will offer the extraordinary opportunity of a special visit in the subsoil of Rome: under Villa Medici, a few steps from the Orticola exhibition market, flows the Vergine aqueduct which supplies water to the Barcaccia and the Trevi Fountain.
On 7 and 8 May, the FAI will be available to accompany Orticola’s guests on their descent to the aqueduct through the famous 15th-century spiral staircase. Do not miss the floral itineraries at the Borghese Gallery, at the National Gallery of Modern Art and at the Museum of Villa Medici, where you can ideally admire the works exhibited with a “botanical eye”, with special guided tours or simply following the itinerary set out in stung by the magazine “Gardenia”.
Orticola di Roma 2022 will involve three central locations in the capital:
· Via dei Condotti: the event will come to life in the famous shopping street with floral installations that will decorate Via dei Condotti. The inauguration, organized in collaboration with the Via Condotti Association, will take place on May 5 in a completely pedestrianized street for the occasion.
· Villa Borghese: the magical scenery of Villa Borghese and specifically Viale delle Magnolie will come alive with specialized quality exhibitors: from selected bulbs, to fascinating and succulent cacti with exotic carnivorous plants, from the Japanese art of Kokedama to elegant multicolored orchids.
· Hotel De Russie: the Roman jewel of the Rocco Forte Hotels group, the Hotel de Russie, is located along the elegant Via del Babuino, between two of the most famous squares in Rome, Piazza di Spagna and Piazza del Popolo. During the first Roman edition of Orticola, in the monumental garden resulting from the inspiration of Valadier, from 6 to 8 May, from 10:00 to 19:00, the Hotel de Russie will host a Vip Green Lounge dedicated to sponsors and celebrities and can be visited by invitation.
Thanks to the collaboration of various partners, Orticola di Roma 2022 is also culture, in fact various cultural activities have been organized:
· Fondo Ambiente Italiano – FAI: Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 May 2022 there will be an extraordinary opening of the aqueduct “The snail of Villa Medici” of the Virgin Aqueduct, by the volunteers of the FAI Delegation of Rome. A place that, due to its constructive characteristics and the history it silently guards, represents something truly unique and fascinating. Inside a cylindrical well, with true mastery, a large spiral staircase was built
In the 16th century which,with its 117 steps, reaches the speco of the ancient Vergine aqueduct: designed by Marco Vipsanio Agrippa, son-in-law of Augustus, was inaugurated on 9 June 19 BC, a service of the Agrippa thermal baths in Campo Marzio. Visits can be booked at the FAI point inside Orticola.
In addition to this extraordinary opening to and dedicated to Orticola di Roma, the FAI has developed a program full of initiatives and unmissable events “Rome. The green and the city “and available on their website: https://fondoambiente.it/.
· Fondo Forestale Italiano: a non-profit association that preserves biodiversity and stems land consumption by conserving and creating woods on land which it acquires ownership. All the woods are left in their natural state, without cuts for economic or utility purposes. Through its action, the FFI mitigates the negative consequences of climate change at the local level. Thanks to Orticola, the “mission” of the non-profit organization will be disseminated to educate citizens to a more conscious life while respecting the environment and trees. On Sunday 8 May at 3 pm, in the area designated for interventions, the President of the FF, Emanuele Lombardi, will brief visitors on the importance of forests in the balance of the ecosystem.
· Nicla Edizioni: Orticola di Roma could not miss a space dedicated to “botanical reading”, an editorial genre that is increasingly followed by gardening enthusiasts and an inexhaustible source of inspiration for creating state-of-the-art gardens and terraces. A reference point in the dissemination of the art of gardening at the highest levels in Rome is the journalist and writer Nicoletta Campanella, testimonial of a new publishing genre created by herself with Nicla Edizioni (www.nicla-arte.org), a publishing house born around the community of the Italian Horticultural System. The botanical readings by Nicoletta Campanella will take place on Friday 6 May at 5.00 pm and Sunday 8 May at 11.00 am. On Saturday 7 May at 3.30 pm the President of the Roman Garden, Maria Gloria Viero, together with the architect Nathalie Grenon Sartogo, will illustrate the project for the refurbishment of the Tiburtina station ring road in a green area such as the high way of Manhattan in NY.
The Secret Garden Tours: With the Secret Garden Garden Tours, in Orticola di Rome horticultural tourism takes shape and the flower show becomes a destination to discover the beauties of the Capital: in this regard, a tourist package has been created including a Roman itinerary with a visit to the Villa Borghese event. An operation that intends to contribute to the tourism industry of the capital with a travel proposal of high level and cultural value. The appointments of the “Roman Walks in the Green” cost € 20 (excluding children under 12) and will start from Villa Borghese – stand of the Secret Garden of Orticola in Rome – at 3.30 pm on Friday 6 May and at 10.30 am on Saturday 7 May. Reservations required email@example.com; 3485203954.
Il Giardino Segreto Garden Tours is a spin-off of PromoTuscia, a tourist service company founded in 1994 in Viterbo in the heart of Tuscia, an inexhaustible source of inspiration with its Italian gardens and its immense landscapes thanks to the intuition of Maria Luigina Paoli and Ivana Pagliara, experts in horticultural itineraries. From Tuscia, to Italy, to Europe, to then go to other continents: taking care of gardens is taking care of life, listening to a world that asks to slow down, to see the plants grow and the fruits ripen, respecting the rhythm of seasons and grasping the fragility and strength of what is ephemeral and the most fascinating: the beauty of nature!
FLOWERS, PLANTS AND DESIGN
Over 30 exhibitors are expected, not only plants and flowers but also furnishing accessories, design, accessories and clothing for gardening and more:
· Exhibitors: a wide range of plants and flowers thanks to the participation of Flower Designers and Manufacturers of excellence, including:
– Moscatella garden nursery: nursery specialized in ornamental grasses for dry environments, both Italian and from other continents. “Our plants are grown naturally, they are not forced to resist water shortages. The fight against parasites is done with natural methods; minimal use of water; cultivation in open fields and not in greenhouses. For this reason the plants have a balanced and resistant development, respecting the times of nature. We produce ornamental grasses and perennial herbaceous plants that tolerate drought and cold. ”
Furnishing items such as:
– Extremes: an eclectic mix of furniture, accessories and objects inspired by travels around the world.
– Black Tulips: Black Tulips was born from the imagination of Isabella and Rachele to share the passion for colors, shapes and materials with sensitive people and lovers of beauty and the original, through moods that materialize in a creative experience. Thus, over the years, new emotions are born, expressed through fabrics, clay, porcelain, precious stones, wood, flowers, yarns, painting…
On the occasion of participation in the Horticultural Show in Rome, Tulipani Neri is pleased to share its sustainable line of “Alice’s Lamps”, an interpretation of the fantasy world of Alice in Wonderland, made with ceramics and objects that represent the Italian tradition such as that of the table, the children’s room, the grandmother’s trunk.
– Innbamboo the original: proposes and promotes a different lifestyle, inspired by an original combination of art and nature, beauty and well-being, innovation and sustainability. Its mission is to create garments and accessories in bamboo and other green fibers and materials, 100% made in Italy, that are beautiful and “ethical”, of exclusive quality and at the same time usable and accessible.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE AREA
Spring is also good and natural food: an area dedicated to food & beverage has been set up within Orticola with 5 different workstations. Natural, organic foods in line with the sustainability of Orticola di Roma and made by Anna & Beatrice lo Presti.
– Casa Manfredi: it will be present with its yeasts in the morning, its pastry, even with its ice cream, the spearhead in the flavors and colors of spring
– Mario Secondi: artisan pasta factory and its sublime pasta that will be rigorously expressed
– Anna Dente OSTERIA: Emilio Ferracci Chef of the homonymous Osteria, will cook his cuisine between traditional and gourmet
– Aromaticus: a moment of food due to suspended between the Vegan and the vegetarian absolutely in the theme of the event, flowers and herbs on the menu
– Phil’s BBQ by Anna loan it & Filippo Nuti: Surprisingly, the pastrami brisket by PHil’s. For the legendary New York sandwich, and the legendary smoked salmon, rigorously in smooks at long and slow temperatures.
For small breaks and moments of relaxation, there will be a Cafeteria – Bar – Lounge – Cocktail area.
An area will host the CAFETERIA from morning to Aperitif time, offering centrifuges and flavored waters, cold herbal teas, and cocktails by Valeria Bassetti and Massimo Arpak.
Orticola di Roma
FROM 6 TO 8 MAY
VIALE DELLE MAGNOLIE (VILLA BORGHESE)
Friday 6 May
9.00: Opening of the first Orticola edition of Rome
15.30: Roman Walks in the Botanical Green – Departure from the Giardino Segreto Garden Tour stand to discover Rome in the Green. A visit between public and private spaces that will include: Villa Borghese, Villa Aldobrandini, Angelicum, the Garden of the Torre delle Milizie, the Garden of the Villa Carlo Alberto al Quirinale, and the Public Garden of Sant’Andrea.
17.00: Botanical Reading by Nicoletta Campanella Nicla Editions: presentation of the second volume of the editorial series “La vie en roses” Chinese roses, Queens of the East. A tale of incredible travels, explorers, pioneers, passions, fashion and customs starting from the unprecedented story that tells of the one who welcomed them to her court before her: Queen Marie Antoinette.
18.00/20.00: inauguration of the Nursery Market Exhibition
Saturday 7 May
10.30: Roman Walks in the Botanical Green – Departure from the Giardino Segreto Garden Tour stand to discover Rome in the green. A visit to public and private spaces that will include: Villa Borghese, the Garden of Palazzo Colonna, Angelicum, the Garden of the Torre delle Milizie, the Garden of the Villa Carlo Alberto al Quirinale and the Public Garden of Sant’Andrea.
15.30: Botanical Reading by Nicoletta Campanella Nicla Editions: presentation of the second volume of the editorial series “La vie en roses” Chinese roses, Queens of the East. A tale of incredible travels, explorers, pioneers, passions, fashion and customs starting from the unprecedented story that tells of the one who welcomed them to her court before her: Queen Marie Antoinette.
Sunday 8 May
11.00: Botanical Reading by Nicoletta Campanella Nicla Editions: presentation of the second volume of the editorial series “La vie en roses” Chinese roses, Queens of the East. A tale of incredible travels, explorers, pioneers, passions, fashion and customs starting from the unprecedented story that tells of the one who welcomed them to her court before her: Queen Marie Antoinette.
15.00: Iintervention to be defined by the Italian Forestry Fund.