The 2022 season of the Sigurtà Garden Park ended a few days ago, but there is already an air of Tulip mania, the flowering of tulips that can be admired in the Park in March and April: in fact, another recognition arrives from the World Tulip Society as the best tulip festival 2022 and in these days the young ambassadors of Tulip mania 2023 have been nominated in the green treasury of Valeggio.
A new prize for tulip mania
Tulip mania is a floral event that has gained increasing success over the years, introducing new elements, initiatives and events and thus becoming a real Festival: For these reasons, the World Tulip Society, a Canadian society, has decided to award Parco Sigurtà with the honor of “Best Tulip Festival of the Year 2022”, i.e. the best festival dedicated to tulips of 2022.
The 2022 edition of Tulip mania saw at Sigurtà Park:
more than a million tulips that with daffodils, hyacinths and muscari colored the Park for two months, thanks to over 300 varieties, from fringed black tulips to pastel-toned varieties; the alliums enriched the last weeks of flowering.
free-form tulips in the woods and many in flowerbeds completely redesigned by Giuseppe Sigurtà, in the floating rotating flowerbeds in the Water Gardens and in the Flower Ponds, in the delightful wooden boxes on the walls of the Panoramic Walk.
- a new installation that hosted over 10,000 tulips arranged in horizontal beds more than one meter high, on an area of almost 400 square meters and which recreated the painting, The dynamic unit of opposites, created in 2008 by Enzo Inga Sigurtà, father of Giuseppe and Magda Inga Sigurtà.
- A challenge on the Park’s Instagram profile that involved hundreds of visitors.
- two special appointments dedicated to those who wanted to express their artistic vein at the Garden, with Sabato d’Artista: 60 visitors experimented with brushes and palette to portray the fabulous Tulipanomania.
- local dance schools that have chosen the floral settings of this extraordinary flowering to make their own video.
- the collaboration with two municipalities of the nearby Lake Garda, Bardolino and Sirmione: the Park has donated thousands of bulbs to beautify the banks of these two lake pearls and therefore consolidate the synergy with the territory.
150,000 visitors during flowering.
Michel Gauthier, President of the World Tulip Society, said: “Over the years we have seen “Parco Sigurtà grow, not only in terms of visitors, but also in offering unique flowering experiences to its users. It is with great pleasure and joy that we recognize the effort by assigning this award to Parco Sigurtà”.
Tulip mania 2023 ambassadors appointed
On 15, 16, 17 November, the appointment of the Tulipanomania 2023 Ambassadors took place in Sigurtà Park.
Six first grades of the Valeggio sul Mincio primary school planted tulip bulbs, helped by the park’s gardeners, in three flowerbeds inside the Garden: 170 children were thus officially named Ambassadors of Tulipanomania 2023, the most important tulip flowering in Italy, which with over a million bulbs colors the turf of the Garden in March and April.
This initiative, now in its sixth edition, was strongly desired by the Sigurtà Garden Park because it refers to the concept of friendship, which is celebrated during the world summits dedicated to tulips organized by the World Tulip Society, in which the Park also took part: the representatives of various countries plant tulips in the ground as a symbol of friendship between peoples and the Sigurtà Park thus wants to convey the message of brotherhood starting right from the little ones, thus involving the schools of Valeggio s/M.
The young gardeners have greatly appreciated this initiative and have tried their hand with dedication and to reward their commitment, Sigurtà Park has given them a special 2023 Ambassador pin as well as a free subscription and free tickets for parents and teachers, to come back later in spring at the Park to admire the fruit of their work.
And thinking of Tulip mania 2023, Count Sigurtà reveals an anticipation: “we will have very rare tulips such as the acuminata from Turkey, the Sigurtà narcissus registered in 2014 with our name and a second realization of another painting by my father with tulips which reflect the colors of the artistic work created. There will be many novelties with blooms ranging from March to early May, therefore a floral show not to be missed”.